"The best on-the-go color picker
and color recognition"
Recognize and Collect colors using your smartphone on-the-go
Color-Grab allows you pick, detect and recognize colors instantly using the device's camera. The app allows Real-Time color recognition and capturing through both front and rear cameras.
The app can detect any color and link it to a database that holds information on thousands of different colors. Just aim the camera at an object with the desireable color and it will instantly detect the color name, hue, RGB and HSV representation.
Color-Grab is designed for graphic designers, visually impaired and color-blind people.
Graphic designers can produce a digital replica of color from the real world.
Color Grab is free, contains no ads and ridiculously simple to operate. You can grab it from the Google Play Store.
Many innovative features to fit your needs
Thousands of colors
Color Grab internal dictionary may detect up to 1600 different color hues or shades. All colors are provided with their corresponding name, RGB and HSV values.
Real-Time color detection
Color Grab performs color detection in real-time; no tap-to-detect operation is required. The color in the viewfinder is analyzed continuously and results are shown instantly to the user.
Instant Saving and Exporting
Color Grab lets you collect and pick colors instantly. Just tap on the screen and the color is saved immediately into the archive. In addition, you can export and share colors in archive in various of ways (Email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
Smart color stabilizer
Color Grab utilizes smart color stabilizer algorithm which prevents "jumpy" unstable real-time detection due to the camera shake. The algorithm stabilizes the color over time and taking into account the shakes, when the color in the viewfinder is changed dramatically a new acquiring process is initiated.
Color Grab uses smart auto-focus mechanism. Among other things, this mechanism utilizes "continuous auto-focus" on detection of a user motion or trembling.
- Supports both device's cameras (rear and front).
- Camera's flash light control (on/off).
- Use captured colors as solid wallpaper.
- Displays color hue, color name, RGB Hex, RGB Decimal, and HSV representation.
- Embedded help guide.
See what you get
|Camera Tab||Palette Tab||Share and Export||Camera Tab|
What others say
|AddictiveTips: Color Grab is ridiculously simple to operate, allows real-time color recognition and capturing. - A. Rehman Maqbool, October 28, 2012||dotTech: Color Grab is incredibly functional. It is a fantastic app and can be used to address disabilities and also have a practical use in the professional world. - Brendan, February 20, 2013|
|Android Police: If you're a designer or other creative who's been yearning for a tool to capture and save the colors that inspire you in your environment, Color Grab is a great tool to check out. - Liam Spradlin, November 9, 2012||WonderHowTo: With the help of Color Grab, now everyone can view colors the same way. Can also be helpful for any guy in history that has ever had a girlfriend, you never know when she might mention what a beautiful shade of something. - Nelson Aguilar, November 5, 2012|
|Google Play: Unbeatable. This app rocks on my droid, Incredible!!! I'm legally colorblind and this app helps me identify my colors and more, right from the comforts of my phone. - A Google User, March 8, 2013||Google Play: Brilliant app. Have tried this on various items around home and found it to be accurate. - A Google User, October 26, 2012|
|Google Play: This app let me quickly save 20 different browns from various wood, fabric and houseplant soil sources. Thank you! - A Google User, April 14, 2013||Google Play: Awesome. Simple and great UI, quick, painless, and to the point. - A Google User, January 29, 2013|
Disclaimers and Notices
- Due to technical limitations (such as camera sensor, light conditions, AWB), the detected color may be different from the actual color.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE APP AND THIS SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT ARISE FROM SUCH USE.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LOOMATIX LTD IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHICH MAY ARISE FROM USING THE APPLICATION.
- The app binary file includes color names and RGB values based on Resene colors list. The Resene colors, RGB values and list are copyrighted to Resene Paints Ltd, 2001.
- Photoshop and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.